View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:56 pm

Welcome
Welcome to theoverlordsforum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Pre Heresy Stormbird 
Scout Sgt

Have thanks: 16 time
Post Pre Heresy Stormbird
This will be where I show all of the progress on my GI Joe dragonhawk conversion. I am basing it on a thread I saw on a forum about 2 years ago, The guy who made the other one is an amazing model maker so I am really stretching myself.
I am also look at two different set of rules that I have, any feedback would be a great help.

Here are some of the reference pictures

Ok first of all,I was thinking of just doubleing the weapons crew capacity and structure ponits of a thunderhawk but this made a model that cost 1800pts and had 6 structure points which is the same as a titan. The someone sent my this and it seemed to cheap really.

There is also this data sheet which I like alot more and is a little closer to what I was thinking. It also has a picture of the model that inspired this project. I think whoever made it chucked in the kitchen sink as far as weapons are concerned. I would also like to know what people think and the invun 5+ save. For weapons I was thinking of maybe either assault cannons/ rotary autocannons or punisher cannons for the nose and lascannons and heavy bolters plus missile pods(maybe the same as the storm eagle ones) and a main weapon.

Last edited by Rovert on Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:17 pm
Initiate

Have thanks: 10 time
Post Re: Pre Heresy Stormbird
I prefer the rules from he AoE to be honest. Looking forward to seeing what you can come up with model wise!

Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:15 pm
Profile WWW
Space Marine

now this will be interesting, saw one at games day 2 years ago and was awesome, had assault marines attached as if deep striking.

IronHelmIV don't ask what happened to the others

My random ramblings http://fortexprime.blogspot.fr/

Brother IronHelmIV (Currently on Deathwatch Assignment Northern Territories)

Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:20 pm
Scout Sgt

I am thinking that because it has no wings this stormbird will have rocket pods at the front. If you look at the picture just under the rear window of the cockpit there is a hole. I am probably going to get some whirlwind pods and fix them each side. For the nose I am thinking twinlinked punisher cannons, leaving 4x twinlinked pintle weapons assault cannon/bolter or lascannon maybe two las at the front and two bolters to cover the back ramp? Also thinking of a larger rotating gun ontop to defend against fighter craft I will probably magnetize all of the options to suit

Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:34 pm
Scout Sgt

Just a quick pick for size comparison, Just think how big its going to be when I add the crew compartment underneath.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:30 pm
Scout Sgt

I am wondering weather to make mine a slightly smaller version of a stormbird and buy a stormraven kit and add the fusilage to the front of the dragonhawk and stretchit back underneath so it holds maybe 30 marines. I would then also be able to use the little jet trusters and put the wings on the back with the jets to get some directional thrust.This way I can make it a kind of heresy era missing link between the stormbird and the thunderhawk, making it easier to just use the thunderhawk rules in games.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:01 am
Space Marine

mmm seems like a sound plan to me I think it will look very distinctly a stormbird more than anything and I am sure they are more than one variant on the design to justify it

Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:52 am
Scout Sgt

I bought a storm raven today to use on my pre heresy stormhawk/thunderhawk. I have been blutacing parts to it to get an idea of the shape I want. You''l have to use your imagination a bit. The cannon is coming off the front and the storm raven part underneath will be extended to make room for the 30 marine capacity. I will bulk the tail out as it doesn't look like it can take the wieght at the back, especially when I add the back directional thrusters. As you can see, the craft is quite high up so where the gun is now at the front I will scratch build a larger copy of the front hatch that will hopfully reach the floor.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:26 pm
Scout Sgt

Did a little work last night to elongate the troop carrying part. I'll stick up some better pics later. I might try a slightly different position so the hatch is lower to the ground. That way I can maybe put the main gun in the nose.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:05 pm
Space Marine

Looking good, ah I see how the fuselage is coming together now. This will look so cool when completed

Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next